Quote:
Quote:
The impression that I got was that although the authorities make out they are physical tests, they are actually intended as social/physcological tests.

Well, I can tell you that pretty much all of the tests outlined in those cartoons are a pretty basic part of the medical diagnostic armamentarium (Ooh, I love that word, and maybe 1st use on the BBS, Doug!) and would be very familiar to any 3rd year medical student charged with working up a neurologically questionable visitor to the emergency room.

They are not exact, but they are useful.

Yup, I recognize most of them fromthe evaluation of status I underwent as I arrived at the neuuro rehab centre... not neccessarily the exact same implementation, but the function tested/looked at. I would fail those tests badly due to lacking muscle control on the left side, , but the main thing stopping me from driving currently (I could effectively operate the car, if an atomatic, with the right hand side only) is a slightly diminished (was initially a lot worse!) ability to notice unexpected tings happening/appearing in the lower left quarter of the vision field

The doc laughed when I sotto vocce noted that "Heck, that fits at least 50% of the drivers I usually share the road with every day...