Quote:
Speaking of heavy lenses.. Andy, can I interest you in a 70-200-IS or a 24-70? Both "L", both constant f2.8, both barely used..

Not really, they don't fit into my future lens buying plans

The 2.8 mid and tele zooms are just too heavy for me. They also don't really fit with the way I use my camera. I seem to use lots of long shots, by long I mean 300mm and lots of wide shots. I don't tend to do so much in between.

My 17-40 has the wide end covered for the moment, though improving on its F4.0 at some point would be nice.

At the moment I have the 75-300 IS for the long end. I plan to replace that with the new 70-300 IS DO at some point, so finally I will have decent focusing speed at the long end.

I am lacking a low light lens, with my 24-85 being the fastest at F3.5. The 24-70 would obviously make a great replacement for the 24-85, but it weighs nearly three times as much (and I would have to buy flash unit).

I will probably buy one of the 50mm lenses to fill the low light gap.

Edit: checking on the Canon website I find that the 70-200 is actually about the same weight of my 75-300 IS and that the 70-300 IS DO is heavier than my current lens. Doh.

Anyway, my waffling about focal length still stands