Actually the cable adapter is not $50... I built one for like $6. Actually, I think if you used the XM commander in one car (a tiny device that plugs into the XM Direct) or in both it's really a matter of unplugging the power connector, rca's, and the antenna... to move on.

BTW, I have the XM direct in my car now and am using the computer to control it (Frodoplayer). I wired the XM direct as in the manual because I wanted the option of using the XM commander also and there is NO NEED for the 12V tap that the XM direct cable shows for wiring. That is only if you're not going to use the XM power as intended

I've got some time off work (not my choice ) and am looking into making a skin based partially on Empegface for either Media Engine or Frodoplayer. I have installed a fold away touchscreen in my dask and it blocks the view of my Empeg so I have to use Empegface to see what I'm listening too... But I want to integrate this into my carputer front end...

I'm going to try to get a pic of Empegface runnning over my GPS and XM setup once I can. There are so many possibilities... I am excited