Quote:
Is it just me who has never been treated rudely in Paris

I've beem there twice, and the last time was fine. The first time was not. Every Parisian my friend and I encountered was very rude. Quick story:

My friend and I were leaving Paris and had changed where in Spain we were going to. So we're at the station, and can't find which train is going to Barcelona instead of Madrid like we originally planned. We finally found a station attendant and politely asked which train went to Barcelona. All we knew was that it left soon, and we were a little panicked. Her response seemed like something out of a movie:

[condescending French accent and facial expression] "I'm sorry, French trains don't go to Spain." [/condescending...]

What she could have said was that French trains stop at the border, then another train takes you into Spain. It was a technicality that she chose to use instead of helping us out.
---------------------------
Sorry, one more:

I was on the train with my friend from Madrid to Bologna. It was an uncomfortable overnight train and in the early morning, we had to switch trains just before we got into Italy (because apparently, French trains don't go to Italy). Well, it appears that during the night, my tossing and turning caused my money belt to unlatch and come off. It wasn't until I was off the train, cleared from my sleepy daze, and the train left that I realized what had happened. Naturally, I was going crazy at the thought that I'd lost a couple hundred dollars, my credit card, and most importantly my passport. So we found the police department at the train station. It was staffed by both Italian and French policeman, since this was the border. The Italians were very understanding even though there wasn't anything they could do for me. They were sympathetic (and I knew so, my friend spoke Italian). There was, however, one French policewoman on the other side of the room just sitting back in her chair. I swear this is exactly what she said:

"Oh, don't help them, they're just Americans"