WOW! Great responses.

We'll likely have 14-16 days in total so I guess we'll be pushing it with our itenerary.

We both speak fluent English... but nothing else other then a few french words learned in junior High in the early 90s.

My main thoughts were the Berlin wall, we have seen pieces of it during previous trips to PEI and Ottawa and have both been very intrigued by it. Amsterdam is something I have always wanted to check out for the Red Light district (window shopping only and niether of us are into smoking anything but I still think it would be a neat place to check out the shops and stuff). The only real reason for Paris is to at least see the Eiffel Tower so that can be scratched off the list very easily. The UK would be nice as we should be able to communicate fairly easily there as we have Newfie accents all around us which are (in a lot of cases) more like the English accent across the pond then North American English!

We both love to eat new and differnt foods! And I love to drive and SWMBO is an excellent navigator (another bonus is that if we get lost we don't get mad, we make an adventure out of it!).

I have a platinum CC so my rental insurance is taken care of!

Her main things to see would be castles. She is fascinated by them!

As I see it right now I think we might end up exploring the UK only. With our time limit and some of the stuff we want to see (and as newbies to any continent other then our own) and the fact that English is quite widespread this might be our best bet for our first trip. If we could time it right with the empeg meet and hook up with a ride to the UK that would be more then perfect!

Please keep the ideas coming, I greatly appreciate all of this so far.

Rene (and Siobhan!)