I can vouche for Rob S. (although it seems as he was speaking directly to me! Ha!). I had a dead unit (my good one still playing) so I opened it up and removed the main board. I almost trashed it there by breaking a componenet and almost destroying a trace thingine ( do I have the terminology down, Tony). Since my magic stare did not fix it (go figure!), I sent it to Rob S. He has spent many hours (I think) on it. It turns out that this unit is one that he previously repaired, sent out in perfect working order, then someone that got it before me decided to 'play'... and did some serious damage. Then I come along in my infantile wisedom, and make matters worse. This has to be heartbreaking AND fustrating for Rob, and others who, treat these 'children' as their own, trying to nurse them back to health. So, to close I have three main points.
1. If it's not broke, don't fix it...
2. If it's broke, don't fix it, get experts in the field to repair.
3. Rob S. and Patrick deserve a pat on the back, an extra brewski, and a few dollars in the paypal account for their ethical and superb skills and ethics! Thank you, guys!