Quote:
... I generally refer to the "...inverse capacitance bias modulation rectifier."...

I always used "dielectric pressure driver", although I'm not quite sure where I got it from.

I know it dates back to when worked at Radio Shack for a while, and lots of people had the nasty habit of bringing in broken electronics to see if we could repair them. I, along with 99.99% of Radio Shack employees, knew absolutely nothing about electronics, but people didn't seem to accept that. So, whenever anyone brought in a busted piece of equipment, I'd pull out the multimeter, set it to the continuity tester, and poke around the board a few times with the leads. After a few pokes, I'd get the leads on the same trace so that the buzzer would sound. "Ahh, there's your problem. The dielectric pressure driver's gone bad. I can work up an exact estimate for you if you'd like, but it's defintely gonna cost more to fix this tv/stereo/computer/toaster than it would be to just get a new one. So, walk over here with me and I'll show you our brand new line of tvs/stereos/computers/toasters."

It was either that or tell them that I needed to send it away to get its thurman checked.