If a definitive answer to this is in the FAQ, I haven't been able to find it.

I've got a MK2a with two drives, a 40GB and a 60GB. last week sometime it started acting very strangely - it was taking forever to boot, and it wouldn't properly sync with Emplode. When I'd sync with Emplode, it would either give me tons of errors about the length of the playlists being wrong, or Emplode would simply crash. Thinking that my problem might be a bad drive as described here, I checked the cable, but it appeared to be fine. Not wanting to give up on a drive yet (and not knowing exactly how to determine which drive was at fault), I deleted everything from the player (using both Emplode and Jemplode, since neither would seem to work properly consistently), reinstalled both the player software and Emplode, and then re-transferred all my music. Everything seemed to transfer fine (70GB transfer, whew), and everything seems to be working just great ever since, until just now. I just noticed that about 260 or so tracks have spontaneously become "marked", and their statistics are nonsense (times played and times skipped incredibly large numbers). Everything else still works great, even those songs with the crazy info on them play fine.

I'm just wondering if this is something that has been noted as happening when there is a hard drive problem? And if so, how does one go about figuring out which drive in a two drive player is going bad? I think one of them might still be under warranty.

Thanks in advance.