If anyone is considering taking on a project in similar fashion to robricc (sleds), Firefox (buttons) and Webroach (front panels), I would like to suggest replica handles in the original pattern.

Although I still have a reasonable amount of remaining stock, it is decreasing steadily as people break them. People are continuing to break them in the same way - wrench on the handle as hard as you can when the unit sticks in the sled (yeah, right) without investigating what the problem is first. As a piece of general advice - if it comes to a choice between risking a broken handle pulling out a jammed unit, or having to dismantle the entire dashboard to release the sled and unit, Dismantle the Dash.

Although a great deal of other unit casing material (cases, lids, sleds, front panels, buttons, hinges, springs, screws) is here in stock in sufficient quantity, this one is not. It is the most difficult one to reproduce, and although panels, buttons and sleds are underway, there is no directed effort for the handles. I know Webroach is producing them, but it is as a limited by-product of the panel effort, and is likely to be difficult (and costly) to deliver handles separately from the panel.

I would say that at the current rate of consumption, it is likely that original handles will disappear by the end of this year (2005) at the latest.
One of the few remaining Mk1 owners... #00015