Here's an interesting comment:

http://www.warwickboar.co.uk/static/comments/?article=1265
Quote:
...I did my work experience on the set of 'Nathan Barley' and saw Chris Morris work with the actors and improvise through scenes. Reading the first few versions of the scripts at the time, I thought 'NB' had the potential to be something absolutely amazing because it was such an acutely observed, intelligent biting satire (just as Charlie Brooker's original 'Cunt' section of TV Go Home was). However, let me assure you that somewhere in between rehersal and screening something went badly wrong. Now 'NB' is a lazy, shoddily edited series that limps from poorly executed gag to gag. All the rich texture of Nathan's world, and the world of Hoxton (or in the series 'Hosegate') that he inhabits which Morris created so vividly in production has been obliterrated and watered down into an innoffensive, over simplified half-hour biteful when, if Morris had been allowed, he could have filled an hour each week with a satire show so cutting that it would force even Idiot Central to question their vapid, puerile existence.