That's not the first revision. It's the second. You're safe from the 5-spot problem on the screen, you're safe from the keyboard touching the screen, you've already verified the battery (which has no time limit on replacement as far as I know anyway), and it's doubtful the latch will cause a problem in the future unless you bend it yourself on purpose or by accident (dont know how you'd do it by accident). Check to make sure the keyboard is sitting flush with the surface of the bottom case. It shouldn't pop up and down like mine does (from a crappy repair job - I'll be taking it agin directly to Apple soon).

Definitely get a case for it - unless you plan to handle it with super gentleness at all times. Even then, get a case. I'm talking either a slip case or other tight-fitting case like the Crumpler School Hymn. The benefits are numerous:

Protects the paint - it can (and for some people is guaranteed to) chip. Should lessen the likelihood that the top (screen half) becomes mis-aligned with the bottom half - I've seen this on so many people's PowerBooks. Let you put it into a bag without the first two things happening - they're practically guaranteed to happen if you put the PB into a loose fitting bag with other crap in it. A good case will let you ouse the PB without removing it - this lessens the chance of burning yourself on the bottom of the PB.

You can get a mat/cloth to put over the keys when you close it if you'd like. I'll probably get something like this. Your screen doesn't touch the keys, but something like this will prevent the case from bobbing the 2mm or so of clearance mentioned by Tony.

Bruno