I'm not too happy w. GoDaddy.com... Here is what I just sent them in their satisfaction survey and in an email. Maybe you had better luck than I did..

Quote:
I had made a mistake registering my domain when I placed my order over the weekend. I know this is my fault and not the fault of GoDaddy.com. All I wanted to do was keep my 12 month hosting and my additional domain privacy service but be refunded my $4 domain registration fee after paying an additional $8 dollar fee to transfer another domain I already own. Basically, I'd be replacing the domain that I bought over the weekend with one I already own (and would be transfering to you). By letting me do this, GoDaddy.com would still keep me as a customer for hosting, and the domain privacy in addition to gaining my domain that is currently hosted by another company. But, because "it's not possible to seperate your domain name with the hosting plan" I had to cancel my hosting through you, eat the $4 domain fee and $8 privacy fee. I've paid $12 for nothing I'll ever use and GoDaddy.com is only making $12 off of me instead of the full year of services and presumably future years of hosting... Makes no sense to me.