Nobody I know watches this show, and people here do, so I'd love to talk a little speculation with you guys based on last night's episodes and the direction of the season. I know it's dumb, but I'm really into this show, and I need an outlet! So, I want to open up the floor to discuss what people think about the season, and what you think will happen next week. I'd prefer pure speculation, so if you're going to post some info from a source, I'd appreciate a heads up. I want to be suprised.

[**if you haven't watched through this week's show, there's spoilers**]

Basically, at this point I'm not certain there's going to be a third season. At the very least, the writers are going to have to be extremely clever to think up a way that things won't get wrapped up next Sunday, and have enough for 12 more episodes. The Carnivāle is in New Canaan and they all know about Ben, who is incredibly close to Brother Justin, who has just killed Scutter. All that and the whole atmosphere at the moment makes it seem like the show has been driving toward this exact point and may finish next week.

The thing is, I wouldn't be surprised if they ended it. There was a surprising amount of backlash after the first season saying that the show was impressive, but far too slow. I for one loved the pace. It meant you had to be very patient and keep track of a lot of subtle plot developments. Well, I think the writers took this criticism to heart because to my eye, the first three episodes of season two probably contain more plot advancement than all of season one. It's still a great story and the show looks and feels as good as before, but I liked it when they took their time.

In the end, if this is the end, I think it will have been good that they kept a nice, clean, short story arc, but I think they could have taken what they have up till now and "stretched" it into three seasons by keeping the pace consistent. Still, it's one of my favorite recent shows and I'll be more than happy if they continue into another year