I finally got around to catching up to where you were, just in time for a new episode tomorrow.

I don't feel like this is the last season. For one thing, as slow as it has been, even including this season, I don't think they'd just kill off Justin in one episode with that little lead-up. At the same time, they did find and kill of Scudder pretty quickly. Regardless, I think the pace would be all wrong.

Carnivale isn't really anbout wrapping up every possible loose end, but, at the same time, there are a lot of open plot points that feel like they intend closure, and I can't believe that they'd be able to wrap them all up in one episode, even if they felt like it.

Also, they haven't even really begun to explain the connection to Alamagordo and Trinity. They've made some vague references, but I feel like there's more to it than what they've shown us. Also, they've introduced a number of plot elements awfully late into the series that I can't believe they wouldn't milk for more.

All told, while I understand where you're coming from, and that they could wrap it up in one more episode, I don't believe that they will. I feel like that Ben will not kill Justin for one reason or another, or maybe that Justin will be replaced in some way. This fight is far from over.