This was inspired by a seller's post in another thread.

I would like to codify a set of standard practices for selling/buying used empegs. I'm starting this thread to take suggestions and commentary. When it's all worked out, we'll make a fresh stickypost at the top of this forum, and echo it in the empeg FAQ.

My immediate suggestions are:

- Digital photos of the empeg and its accessories are a must. Buyers will want to assess the condition of the merchandise. Please note that file attachments on this BBS are limited to 200,000 bytes, so pictures need to be sized and saved with the appropriate settings. <instructions for attaching multiple images to a thread and how to inline images will be given.>

- Digital photo of the player's screen, with the "About" box up, showing the player's serial number, is a must.

- Clear statement of the player's origin.

- If the player is missing any of the original accessories, an reason for that must be given.

- If additional accessories are offered (tuner, bag, etc.), say so and provide photos.

- Seller should state clearly if any of the components may be sold separately, or if it must be as a complete set.

- If the player has any known hardware problems, or if any repair attempts have been made, those must be disclosed.

- Seller must realize that a few people have been scammed, and should not be offended if they are treated with initial suspicion.

- Seller should disclose if the player is headed for ebay, or should link directly to the ebay auction if it's already there.

Anything else?