I am trying to recompile the front-end to add pet features (explained below). When I do so I get the following error in trio.log:

java.lang.NullPointerException
at trio.TRioServer.activateApp(TRioServer.java:586)
at trio.TRioUnitControlThread.run(TRioUnitControlThread.java:132)

The frame object created at line 584 in TRioServer.java (TRioFrame frame = app.getFrame(unit);) is NULL.

I have the latest source from CVS.

As I've never used signed jar files before I am suspecting the problems is there. I tried modifying build.xml to not sign (copied the concepts from the 0.1.4 version) and tried to create a self-signed keystore. Both methods create the same error. Am I on the right track? Any ideas on getting this fixed?

I get the error with the source from CVS, so I haven't yet introduced bugs - that will come later <g>.

The primary function I am looking for is to be able to run the front-end as a stand-alone app. I added "public static void main(String[] args)" to 0.1.4, in which I instantiated a TRioApplet object. I pass in geom arguments to control the size and placement of the application. This allows me to have 'appliance' laptops, that only run dclock and tRio under X. No window manager. I have a couple of ancient Pentium 90 laptops with insufficient power to do anything useful, but they make great front-end appliances. As one laptop has a small screen (640x480), I also modify the tab and button grid layout on Queue n' Play to each only take one line rather than two. Same functionality, less real estate.

Tx,
Ted