My empeg has been sitting on my desk at home for too many months, so I finally decide to put it in the dash for the ride to work this past Friday. I'm thinking, "I'll just leave it in the dash for today rather than risk it getting nab'd off the desk." As it turns out Friday ends up as one of the hottest days so far this year..

I come out at 5pm in the upper 90's. Upon opening my sealed pickup, I find that the player has been playing ALL DAY with the ignition off! The head unit powers off with the key, but the empeg isn't so consistent doing such. It had been playing continuously..

So I leap to Hijack and the temperature reads 70C / 165F degrees and then promptly yank it from the dash. OUCH! Woah, it is too hot to touch. In trying to figure how to cool it (I have no AC) holding it by the handle out in the bed of the truck didn't work--the sun still shone on it. So I settle on--with much trepidation--holding the player out the drivers window, allowing the air flow around the mirror to blast the top/sides of the player. After just a few white-knuckled, hair-raising minutes, it was cool enough to touch and after a few more minutes, I popped it in and the temperature read a much more reasonable 115 degrees. Whew. Everything powered up and played fine, but I sure don't like the thought of taking life off my player. I guess it will remain on my desk during the summer...

I gotta get that power-off problem fixed... I know...I know...it is probably in the FAQ.

Cheers,