Quote:

"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing."

"But," say Man, "the Babel fish is a dead giveaway, isn't it? It could not have evolved by chance. It proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't. QED."

"Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't though of that" and promply vanishes in a puff of logic.

Which I think is one of the funniest passages in any work of fiction I know. For the record, though, God never said that without faith He is nothing.

Quote:
On the other hand, ID proponents are constantly lying
ID proponents say the same about evolutionists, claiming that they still use examples that have been proven not to be evolution.

More likely I doubt very many people are lying, but instead are mistaken. That is why it is difficult for me to get a solid track on this. I read one source that seem credible saying that one side is mistaken, and then I read another that seems equally credible saying the opposite. I'm not educated enough in any of this science to tell who is mistaken and who isn't, though I sort of feel like everyone's probably mistaken a little.

Edited by JeffS (13/09/2005 22:26)