Quote:

The 'Vette will out-accelerate, out-brake, out-corner the M3, and cost less to buy and maintain while doing it.

There is no car selling for under $150,000 that will run with it. It will approach 30 MPG in highway driving. It is arguably the equal of Porsches and Ferraris that sell for two and three times the price.

No, I am not a Corvette owner, I don't even particularly like them -- but the new C6 series 'Vette is one hell of a car.

Every UK car reviewer (including the ones I trust) disagrees with you. It isn't a US/UK bias that causes this either, for example the excellent Evo magazine had their car of the year feature this month.

The placed the Corvette 12th out of 13, with the Roush Mustang at joint 3rd.

From the various reviews that I have read the conclusions seems to be that it is powerful, fast and desirable, but that it hates bumpy roads. To quote from Evo:

"...this is a seriously quick car..."

"...on smooth roads it'll maintain this thrilling pace, the steering meaty and direct, body control good and traction out of corners excellent..."

"You can sense a 'but' coming along soon, can't you? The C6's problem is that it doesn't like bumps. It's not too keen on sharp crests. And if you throw a less than ideal camber into the mix, it all turns rather ugly. First it gets agitated, then it starts to skip across the road..."

"Its composure is just too easily upset. It may well have double wishbone suspension at all four corners, but if you had to guess you'd say it was the Corvette rather than the Roush Mustang that had the live rear axle."

"All of that said, the C6 still has a hell of a lot going for it. Just think of it as a smooth-roar super-fast GT rather than a sports car and you'll not be disappointed."

P.S. all the UK reviewers seem to argee however that the latest Corvette is vastly improved over previous ones