Strange (I usually remember such details), but I can't recall what brought me (in the summer of '99) to then already about a year old empeg web site. I fell in love with the idea at first sight and joined this BBS as member #315 and queued at position #5196 of the waiting list (so I was rather late). I had to pass the first time my number came up for financial reasons. I remember dithering over waiting for higher capacity, but somebody (I think it was Tony Fabris) easily put me on the right way, so I bought a 18GB MKII (#080000376) second time arround. I don't care to remeber exactly the rather outrageous (for me at the time) price, but I don't regret a penny of it. Buying a 60GB spare at firesale was a no-brainer, of course.

Thank you, again, Hugo and the gang, both for a marvelous toy, and for creating, indirectly, such a wonderful community as this BBS is.

(I just spend some time reading threads with my first posts, not without some sense of melancholy. The first reply I got was from both Hugo and Rob, on a Sunday afternoon! It still hurts to think that such an amazing product from such an unique company (i.e. people) turned out a relative commercial failure... )

Edited by bonzi (31/12/2005 08:26)
Dragi "Bonzi" Raos Q#5196 MkII #080000376, 18GB green MkIIa #040103247, 60GB blue