Quote:
Quote:
More specifics?

Just the way it gets its claws into everything (it started up just now when I clicked on a link to an MP3 in Firefox -- why? I've got MP3 turned off in its control panel thing). The way it checks for updates by default. The way it gives itself a system tray icon by default. Basically, the way you can't just download the codecs and have done with it, without Apple making a power grab for your whole multimedia experience.

Exactly my experience. I have no problem with the program assigning its self as the default player, but I didn't ask for Firefox integration, and there seems to be no way to turn it off (although this might be a bit of a Firefox issue as well). And no, I specifically told it when it installed that I did not want it touching my MP3s. Yet there it goes, playing the file when I click on a link.

I could live without the codec purely because it's proprietary, although I just use VLC anyway. They only reason I have Quicktime installed on my PC is for embedded video, which I also strongly dislike.