Soldering IMO is way better if done correctly. I hate to brag (OK maybe not) but after 20+ years of soldering my soldered speaker wire connections will be as strong as the wire. The key is messing the wires together (not just wrapping around) and getting good solder penetration with good heat. The solder should be smooth and have a shine to it when you’re done. If it looks clumpy or has a dull finish you did not have enough heat or you moved it before it solidified.

The main reason people use crimped on connectors is because it is fast and takes little skill. Granted some crimp connections are good but just not solder good.

The main problem with crimped wires is corrosion and heat/cooling cycles that loosen the wires. With soldering you bond the two wires together so it will withstand corrosion and temperature changes better.

And heat shrink is the only way to go. If I have to use tape I make sure it doesn’t unravel by putting a small zip-tie around it. I’ve seen electrical tape come loose too many times.