Quote:
I havn't encountered a "normal computing need" that can't be done on a mac. If you insist that email has to be read in eudora, then you might have a problem. If your company insists you run lotus notes, then you might have a problem. If there aren't any specific applications you have to have, and you just want to accomplish tasks, the likelyhood that you can find a task that can't be accomplished is minimal.

I'll one up ya and say I have found that not only are there not many normal computing needs that can't be done on a mac, MOST if not all of them can be done better. I've found the quality of software is heads and shoulders above pretty much everything I use on the PC. It may take a month or so more for a mac version of some random task filling app to come out, but once it does you can bet it will be easier to use and better written. MP3TagStudio is the one I can't find a match for, but it's interface was super clunky, though incredibly utilitarian. I honestly haven't looked too hard though.