You can probably push most of that dent out yourself as well. If it doesn't make it worse, it'll probably make it better. I know, perhaps not too helpful, but I'd try if it were my machine.

I can say one thing for sure, I think Apple are more helpful and offer better support in the US than they do in Canada.

Since there are so many people picking up Mac lately let me reiterate a warning I made last year. Unless you own your own Apple Authorized dealership, or you or a friend do your own Apple Authorized repairs, do not take your computer for repair to any place than a real Apple Store if at all possible. In the US I believe you may also have a chance to return the system by mail directly to Apple if there's no store in close proximity. I had nothing but repeated horrible experiences last year and the year before with third-party Authorized facilities. So much so that the only original parts on my machine are the LCD and its attached case along with the CD-ROM. Everything else has been replaced at least twice. YMMV.

Even if the problem is an easy one to diagnose/fix (internal hardware), the G4 Powerbook is obviously too tricky to open and put back together again for most people and invariably you'll end up with a machine that does not look like it did when you first bought it. Mine was mangled six ways from Sunday.

Bruno