For anyone who's using my "Picker and Voladj for Dummies" instructions, I wanted to give an important update:

I've modified the instructions to include the alteration of the "reservecache" parameter in config.ini. I spent some time trying to report a player software bug, only to discover that it was my fault.

The replacement "init" that I use in the instructions causes bash to be loaded and stay in memory while the player software is running. Unless you free up a bit of cache space for bash, the player software can get low on memory and occasionally (in rare circumstances) glitch a little bit.

So, in the part of the instructions where you add the "[Menu]" and "quit=1" lines to the config.ini file, you also need to add "[startup]" and "reservecache=12" right after it.

(By the way, I'm aware of the other discussions related to Displayserver's performance with and without the reserved cache. What I discovered is unrelated to Displayserver-- there was a player bug that I could reproduce even if Displayserver wasn't loading at all.)