Quote:
Andy - that seems high for an Impreza. I'm 35, currently am down to 3 points on my licence and have 5 years NCB (I think) and after a minor collision with a bollard (while avoiding a very large dog) my insurance is only £500-odd for me and SWMBO.

I am also 35, Eryl is 46. I have 8 years NCB on the Impreza. We both have 3 points. Unfortunately after 14 years of driving with no accidents I managed to pick up two fault claims in the last couple of years (though I still insist that one of them was not my fault). That and our Surrey post code appear to put the premiums up.

I did get an Impreza quote for £600 from another insurer and the cheapest quote I got for the MX5 was £400, so the Admiral multi car policy was within a few quid of the cheapest I could find elsewhere (and involved less hassle).

It should in theory go down by a big chunk next year, my fault claims will be outside of the three years and I will be upto 3 years NCD on the MX5. No doubt however I will have to phone around again to get some quotes to beat Admiral down with.

At least it is cheaper than when I first got the Impreza, first year was £1200...