Quote:
Yay I fixed it thanks for the suggestions.

here is how it was a posting on an adobe fourm I found about 6 pages deep on the google search for no sound from youtube:

Alright the problem is really the mapping of wavemapper in Windows registry as reported by one member of the forum. All you need to do is to open registry editor by going to Start menu, Run, typing regedit and then Enter. After that, in the registry editor, walk yourself through the tree in the left pane, till you reach

My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32

And then on the right pane, right click and click on New, select String value, enter "wavemapper" (without quots of course), ENTER, type "msacm32.drv", ENTER.

Close the editor. No need to restart. Video on Google and YouTube et al would work fine now.

Thanks to the member who pointed out the key. I just mentioned the procedure.

Tried this, I already had this.

I also did the K-Lite fix and no results. This is a very frusterating problem, I must have tried a hundred solutions posted around the web by now. If anyone has more suggestions I could sure try them, because it is annoying not being able to hear you tube.