One thing to note about the SWiX is that it does not have the ability to distinguish between short and long button presses, so you will not have the same functionality that you get from even the front panel controls. The empeg remote sends an IR code when a button is pressed, and a second when the button is released. The SWiX just sends an IR code when a button is pressed, and that's it. This is why I haven't installed one.

I just had an idea, though -- for those using a SWiX (and other remotes) that still want long-press functions to be available, it should be possible to add a "double-click" option to hijack, so that, if it gets an identical IR code within a certain number of jiffies (configurable, of course, for those of us with faster/slower fingers), to translate those two button codes to a long-press of that button. I expect it should be possible, given that hijack already has IR translate capability -- perhaps Mark can comment on the feasibility and complexity of implementing this.