People can write the most amazing apps but they are useless to me unless someone tells me how to use them in simple terms.

I know what you mean. I have been looking for a way to install software-packages using a windows gui. My idea was to have a windows app use the serial line to stop the player and use the appropiate commands to upload executables to the empeg using the zmodem protocol. I couldn't find any zmodem routines for Delphi, so this is put in the background for now... Maybe there is some way to use OLE/DCOM to control hyperterm???
The current idea is to have one excutable(displayserver 2.0), which must be transferred to the empeg using hyperterm. After starting the executable, you could use a webbrowser to configure the software. I have got a stable framework now, which includes the ability to upload files to the empeg from your webbrowser. Now it is time to setup some userinterface to administer the whole. (which will also include an editor to directly edit files on the empeg)
The ability to upload files also means that the disk should be mounted read-write, so I will have to define some states; in car you should not have your disk mounted rw.
Anyway, I hope to have something usable in a few weeks...

Frank van Gestel