Quote:
I am getting ready to replace my faithful old Fuji Finepix 6900 camera with this and have found out that just about all the places that sell the cameras at a discount try to make up for it with extravagant prices for the accessories, such as spare batteries and memory cards.

And not only that, but if you don't make up the purchase price with the extras, there are a number of those discount camera shops who will suddenly, after taking your order, be "out of stock", or just never ship your camera. Once you start talking about online discount camera shopping, you have to be really cautious about who you buy from. One of my friends had to get his camera by pretending to be a broke and dumb -- "Gosh, I know I'll need the extra batteries and memory cards, but I won't have enough money until I get my next couple of paychecks. You're giving me such a great deal on the camera, though, that I know you'll have great deals on the other stuff, too. I'll definitely order them from you as soon as I can." Prior to that, even though he had called, and been told that his camera was in stock, and available for immediate shipping, he'd been getting the run-around.