I agree with Dan. If a man with a prosthetic leg can pass the fire fighter tests, let him do the job (a current case in NJ, I believe). If a woman or gay man can survive military training, let them do the job.

The one thing I fear is the tests being adjusted to make accomodations. I graduated college, but I don't think I should have been able to by any stretch of the imagination. I think a few key things were weighted in my favor which let me sneak through. Should I receive the same job as other college graduates? Um, maybe, kind of.

If accomodations are made for certain people or situations, the checks and balances may incorrectly evaluate the candidates.

To an extreme, this excellent short science fiction work by Kurt Vonnegut was my first exposure to this situation. I'm amazed that after not seeing the text since probably 1995, the keywords I recalled found it as the second (and fourth) result on Google: ballerina head forget science fiction.