Hello,
I just bought an empeg MK2 with 64MB RAM. And installed Button lights, yee-ha!!!

However this player doesn't always connect to emplode or jEmplode not even with Serial support! Sometimes I'll "see" it but when trying to connect it states something like is not a valid player or player not available anymore. Same if I use static IP's and furthermore Serial should always work... (Right now, I am not even able to make it appear)

Also wierd, the player sometimes stucks for a millisecond while playing MP3 files. And at last it doesn't seem to re-boot properly after any update or forced re-boot in the HiJack menu. Only the light is pulsating, it then starts when I un- and re-plug it to AC.

-I ran Mark Lord's Bigdisk.upgrade.(1x40GB HD)
-Installed 2.01 Developer Image
-Installed Hijack v476.hijack.mk2.zImage using logoedit1.7

First I thought that there might be a problem with the HD, downloaded all MP3's to my Computer and checked whetever they where corrupt or not. Then I've installed another 30GB IBM HD.
Same issue here, so this narrows it down to the firmware or the player. -is there any way I can check the additional RAM?

I also tried the 2.0 dev. Image. With this version I don't seem to have any issues connecting to Emplode or jEmplode however the player has sudden lockups whilst playing MP3's, but it continous to play normaly when pushing the "next song" button. (Ofcourse this happens randomly so I don't think this is an issue with the used MP3 files.) -and again re-boot doesn't work as supposed too.

Any suggestions? 2.0 doesn't support 64ram, may I still use it and just don't have the add memory or will it cause trouble? Eg. are those lockups caused by the extra RAM?
Would it be easy to remove those extra RAM (it's on the back of the MB and I can't see how it has been soldered on) Or is that just a stupid notion on my side and I should be slapt of even thinking about solving the problem this way?!

Thanks for your input!