I am seriously considering purchasing a Honda Fit, Sport model, used, sometime in the next year or so.

Does anyone here have any experience with this car, in particular can I install an empeg in it without too much trauma and gnashing of teeth?

The photos I've seen suggest that the standard radio is not a normal DIN unit, and I don't know what (if any) electronics are integrated into the standard radio.

If the empeg won't work in the Fit, my high-end stereo days may be coming to an end. Last week, following a moment's inattention at 40 below zero, heavy ice fog, darkness and icy roadway I totaled my beloved ShoWagon. The car is literally irreplaceable, there are no others available in the world. If it had only 100,000 miles on it I'd spend the $6-$7K it would take to fix it, but at 200,000 miles and 15 years, there are so many things that will need attention soon... wheel bearings, ball joints, tie rod ends, shocks, struts, alternator, power steering pump, AC compressor, rings/valves, brake pads & calipers, even little things like the lift struts on the tailgate.... these things are all working now, but for how much longer?

No, I'm afraid I am going to have to let go of something that has been been a very important part of my life for the past five years or so. The car was too large to be useful in the narrow cobbled streets where we will be living soon in any case.

Sigh...

tanstaafl.