Originally Posted By: tfabris
OMG! The poor SHOWagon!

I'm so sorry!

Are you OK?

I'm fine. Physically.

It was such a [b]fantastic[/i] car. A complete sleeper, looked like any ordinary old grocery getter, but could surprise the hell out of anybody foolish enough to try and test it. On the road, passing a semi, I didn't mash the gas pedal down, instead just a gentle pressure and I'd be doing over 90 when I went by his front bumper. Yet, on a slow (60 MPH on the cruise control) 360 mile trip to Anchorage, I got 31.6 miles per gallon. It had the full SHO suspension and brakes, too -- four wheel disk brakes and independent suspension all around, and I always felt comfortable going into posted corners at double the speed shown on the warning signs.

To put it into perspective... I have a Porsche 930 Turbo Carrera that has been sitting disassembled in my garage for the last five years. I've never been interested in putting it back together because I had the ShoWagon.

I can count on the fingers of two hands all the people who ever listened to the stereo that didn't volunteer, without prompting from me, that it was the best sounding car stereo they had ever heard.

God, I'm going to miss that car. The damage doesn't look that bad, but it is. The chassis is tweaked, the car is enough shortened on the passenger side that the doors now overlap each other. See attached.

tanstaafl.

Attachments
P1010420.JPG (116 downloads)