If you do a Google search for slow upload speed Windows Vista you will get about 75,000 hits.

Now, I'm not whining because my upload speed is a bit slower than my download speed. I'm talking about total unusability, like taking several DAYS to upload a 5MB picture to Shutterfly, or hours to upload a 200K picture to this bbs.

This problem began when I built my new computer with Windows Vista. Nothing else changed, same DSL line, same ISP, etc. I had hoped that it would go away now that I am in California for a while (drove down from Alaska in a 37 year old school bus packed with all my worldly belongings, but that's a tale for another thread) but the problem remains.

I am currently connected to the internet through a cable modem, networked through a Linksys router with SWMBO's Macintosh. My download speed is about 6 times faster than it was on my DSL line in Alaska. SWMBO can upload files through the same router and cable modem that I am on at "normal" upload speeds. I cannot.

So it would seem pretty definitive that the problem lies with my computer, and that there are tens of thousands of other Vista users with the same problem. No-one seems to have come up with a solution.

I turned off my firewall protection as some of the Google articles suggested, to no avail. (It is now back on.)

Oh, wait... at long last Vista SP1 is available for my computer, I'm installing it now. I am not optimistic that it will solve the problem.

Does anybody here know of a solution to this?

tanstaafl.