Quote:
In any case, I think the option to rebuild or rescan the thing is buried somewhere in its troubleshooting menus.

Yes, Tools-->Options-->Advanced-->Troubleshooting-->Re-scan your music. That's the only thing I can find that looks even remotely promising, but all that does is re-scan the music on the PC the next time RMM starts up. Does nothing for the database on the Karma itself. RMM says the files are still there, the Karma screen says the files are still there, but if I try and play one of them the Karma reboots itself, and if I try to delete one of them RMM locks up and I have to pull the Karma off the dock and reset it.

About the only option I haven't tried is "Reformat", and I suspect the consequences of that one will be ugly, although I guess it wouldn't kill me to reload the Karma from scratch.

tanstaafl.

edit: Hunh! I got them to delete. The trick was to highlight the file and hit the delete key and get the "File not found..." error dialog. Then, before it locked up RMM trying to delete the file, I clicked the Cancel button. After that, immediately I deleted the file again and the second time it actually deleted.

Don't ask me why...

Question: The Karma has been sitting in its dock, connected to the PC, with the "Finished" screen showing for about an hour, and it is quite warm, to the point where the back of it is slightly uncomfortable to touch, probably 115--120 degrees F. Is this normal?

tanstaafl.

Edited by tanstaafl. (09/09/2008 02:50)