Originally Posted By: tfabris
So let me be clear about what you're asking? As I understand it now, you're saying:

- The stalk seems to work.
- Using buttons on the stalk does all the right things, from what you can tell (can you change tracks?).
- You want to know which button on the stalk brings up the player's main menu, so that you can navigate the menu and make selections by twisting the stalk controls.

I've never used the stalk, so I don't know the answer to that question.

The answer is in the top post of this very thread: none of the buttons has "Menu" assigned to it by default.

If one is willing to give up an existing button/function in favour of a "menu button", then do so in this manner in config.ini:

[ir_translate]
Kxxxxx.L=Kxxxxx.L
Kxxxxx=Menu

Or possibly like this, so that a short press of the same button still has the original functionality, but a long press now brings up the menu:

[ir_translate]
Kxxxxx.L=Menu
Kxxxxx=Kxxxxx

Or even like this, so that a long press of that same button brings up the Hijack menu (same as on the IR remote control):

[ir_translate]
Kxxxxx=Menu

(all three completely untested, of course: that's your job).

Replace the Kxxxxx part by the name of the button you are modifying, from this list:

KOff, KSource, KAtt, KFront, KNext, KPrev, KVolUp, KVolDown, KRear, KBottom, or by one of the "shifted" button combinations (same as before, but with KS instead of K at the start of each button name (eg. KSSource).

-ml

Edited by mlord (09/02/2009 19:15)