The program is Intel Retail's Edge program. You have to work at a eligible electronics dealer to be involved, however. My motherboard should have been hosed for all practical purposes, but it wasn't. I actually got it to work. However, the reason why it didn't work was for something really, really dumb of me. For the first time (in a very, very long time) I had a new computer case. And i didn't put the little spacers beneath the motherboard. I know, i know that was very stupid. The first time I built a computer awhile back my roommate did most of the work since I didn't have a clue what I was doing...(and obviously haven't gotten much better.)

Speaking of dumb things, I did another one. I have been trying to use one of the partitions of my hard drive to try to run OS X on it (via hackint0sh) and in the process of trying to get that to work, in the BIOS i changed one of the settings to disable the USB ports (stupid, i know.) so now I cannot change it because the keyboard no longer works, there is no PS/2 connector on the motherboard, and i tried to reset bios via the jumper and the CMOS battery but to no avail. Any suggestions? what i will probably have to do is re-flash the bios when I get my new dvd burner, but i thought there might be another way that I'm not thinking of....