Originally Posted By: Boelle
*sigh* why the *biip* do they not want to pursue this? i think they at least should say why... and they havent used the source for the last 7 years.

You're asking why a bunch of people who've never worked on this code, might be disinclined to spend time and money on putting together a release in order to give it away for nothing, for the benefit of a group of at most about 4,000 people -- and for a product that's been EOL for eight years and never contained any Sigmatel or Freescale parts in the first place?

I would have been as delighted as anyone else if they'd decided to make a release, which is why I offered you the help I did -- but there's a reason that the sort of arrangement we proposed has never, ever happened before for any product in the entire history of consumer electronics.

Quote:
Quote:
This is US employment law we're talking about -- Texan employment law, at that. AFAICT the lights went out the same day.

huh? i did not get that one

Someone suggested that we should get in touch with the remaining contacts there before they actually left -- but (unlike what would happen in the UK) they actually left on the day the redundancies were announced.

Peter