So I brought the application in today. I paid the extra tax for getting it expedited so I hope I will get it in time. I have never had one before so that means I had to do it in person. Even doing it in person you have to send a check, money order or whatever to the feds the processor fee can be paid by whatever they accept. The check thing gets even dumber because they will take a credit card if you go to a passport agency so just add another line to the application but whatever.

They do say you can take your own photo but I didn't want to take the chance that I would mess it up and get rejected when the time is so close. Seven dollars at walgreens was a bargin compared to fourteen at the county office.

I also learned that you can not apply for the passport at the same place you had print out your birth certificate. I don't know it that is really true but that's what they told me at the post office I submitted the application at.

http://rivieramaya.grandvelas.com/ Is the place I am staying at buy the way. Not the kind of place I would ever pick but it should be fun.

Matt