Originally Posted By: hybrid8
As far as diapers go, we're probably only going to use disposables for the first few weeks and then move to a washable "cloth" diaper system such as Bum Genius or Happy Heinys.

That wrap looks pretty versatile, but truthfully, I don't know if I'd trust my wife to always wrap/tie it correctly. ;\) Don't tell her I said that. I'm not sure how it would look on me either.

For cloth diapers, also check out Fuzzi Bunz. Also make sure you get a Diaper sprayer. My advice would be to buy several different brand cloth diapers and try them before investing in a whole set. Different ones fit differently, and one brand may be more effective on your kid. Don't necessarily buy them based on a feature list. Doesn't matter how many bells and whistles they have, if they don't hold in poop, your life will suck. But don't bother messing with them for the first month or so. Also, Craigslist is a great place to get these (at least around here). Many people buy them and have great intentions of using them and never do, or only use them a couple times before they grow out of them. Seriously though. When you're buying something to poop in, does it have to be new?

You're right, the Moby Wrap takes a few minutes to learn to tie the first time. I read directions and pointed while she tied. Now she can do it faster than I can buckle on the Baby Bjorn (and the baby likes it a lot better). There are several ways to wear it, but we only found one really useful. It's definitely worth a try. You should be able to find one on Craigslist and sell it if you don't like it. Yeah, I'd agree that it's not for you to wear. It'd look pretty gay. Which is fine, if that's the vibe you're going for.