Originally Posted By: tfabris
I can't understand a company that moves from Notes to Exchange.

The only way I can see it working is if they only ever used Notes for Email/Calendar. In that case, I could see a migration working.

But when I used Notes, we did so much more than Email. I co-wrote an entire version control system in Notes. Put that in your Outlook and smoke it, Microsoft. frown

Our company (over 70k employees now) has been using Lotus Notes since version 1.0. Over 20 years now. We are supposedly moving to Exchange for cost cutting reasons. But the truth is our new head of IT just hates Lotus Notes and this is the third company he has worked for and done this to. I guess the other two companies kicked him out after he made the switch.

We have thousands of apps. developed in Lotus Notes/Domino and many are having to be rewritten (Tuition Reimbursements, Time off, and our entire company Portal) and the rest are just thrown out. I sure don’t know how this is saving money.

The one application I like to brag on is my Benefits Open Enrollment app. (although that was over ten years ago). In those days all companies still used paper to enroll and it was a pain. I also created a Confidential Employee Data application that retrieved all the data our HR system and placed it in Notes. Many application in Notes where then built off this app. Employees still use it on a daily basis to check their HR data.

The archive issue and the fact that OWA doesn’t even have a user dictionary is just icing on our shit-cake.