Originally Posted By: andy

Only in the US. In the UK it is a fair bit more (£259 vs £199) and in some EU countries the Touch is priced at closer to twice the SB3 price.

Since the product isn't out yet, and likely won't be available for a few months, I suspect the pricing outside the US may change. When I said "same" I also meant at the US$299 price point which is the MSRP of the Classic. It can be found for less and has been available for $250 numerous times in the past.

There's a bunch of work to be done on SC yet and I'm sure there's a lot more code involved to insure portability and ability to run on the Touch's platform/resources than only the move to SQLite. I think that's only the tip of the iceberg.

I'm surprised they're moving back to the "server" nomenclature for the server software. That's not really a consumer marketable name and it's why they moved away in the first place. I suppose with the new devices they're trying not to focus on that software in the first place, so the naming isn't going to be as prominent anyway.