Originally Posted By: Archeon

Draytek?
I've had good experiences with their hardware. Good stuff, incredible amount of user settings. A decent Draytek router costs about 2 to 3 times the amount of what an 'high end' Linksys or D-Link costs. (so that's what I would call 'mid-range') Well worth it IMO. Never failed me yet.

Hmmm

After giving out on my old Netgear WAP that couldn't cope with more than half a dozen wifi clients I tried that Thomson that turned out to be a pile of crap.

After the Thomson I spent a lot more and got a Draytek 2820n. I have to say I am underwhelmed.

For example I had to give up using the DHCP server on it. I tried all sort of things, but I could not get it to give out addresses to wifi clients reliably. It also crashed a lot until I upgraded the firmware.

When I did upgrade the firmware the web UI became unreliable when accessed over https, you have to hit refresh a few times to get it to work if not used in a while and if you leave the browser open on the routers page it can cause the router to slow down and crash.

It wasn't quite the premium experience I was hoping for. A read of their UK support forum suggests I'm not the only one with these specific problems either.