Originally Posted By: hybrid8
I had written some additional text to the Dreamhost guys and they've been completely useless.

Yup, I had the same experience. My hosting was down, and I went a day without a response from support. After a day passed, I started sending them messages every hour or so, none of which were replied to. You know what that did? They banned my entire account for spamming their help system. Yeah, I sent a lot of messages, but I should have received some response.

Bruno: this is why, in my rush to find a new host, the very highest criteria was finding someone with good customer support. Bluehost has 24 hour PHONE support. Dream Host has a ticketing system that makes you feel like you'll never hear from them again. If I call Blue Host this second (it's midnight here), I'd wager I could get to a person in about 30 seconds. In the middle of the day I've never had to wait more than five minutes to talk to someone (I've only called a few times, and not for major issues, and most of them turned out to be my fault anyway smile ).

Anyway, if you're feeling a need for change, I can vouch for Bluehost...