Two ideas:
1) I'm very concerned about the backup. After reading the backup legal issues (copying files from empeg to hdd) I was wondering: what if it was possible to dump the hdd content on the hdd as a single, huge, non playable image file? Maybe with the possibility to break it into smaller parts, so that it fits into cds or small partitions or so. Would that solve the copying problem? Tha would not be copying the mp3s, the image on the hdd would no be playable, and the whole process would serve ONLY as a backup. Of course the playser should be able to import the whole thing back.
It is arguable that we immoral users may hack the image to get the mp3s out. Well, yes, but we can also hack the player to do teh same. Still no empeg people could be charged of having created an MP3 copying device.

2) Why can't we play mp3s from our player when connected to our PC (from the PC speakers, I mean)? That would be great to make sure the song is ok. Still copying issue? What about some sort of streaming technology from the empeg to the intehgrated player in emplode, redirected to the pc soundcard, of course?

Taym
= Taym =
MK2a #040103216 * 100Gb *All/Colors* Radio * 3.0a11 * Hijack = taympeg