Hey guys, it's been a while!

i've finally joined the techy revolution (ok.. a few yrs too late i guess) and got myself an iphone. A customer owed me a few more £££'s than he actually had so i took it as part payment with a plan to sell it on, however, after a few days playing with it, i love it and now wonder how i ever managed with my sony & nokia mobiles, even the more recent smart phones i've owned are pants compared to the iphone!

anyways, the guy tells me it's a 32gb 3g but, looking at some specs i wonder if it's a 3gs (has the built in compass/gps thing and a couple of other bits and pieces but, i can't find which model it is within or on the handset, anyidea where to look or, is there a place that can decode No's for me? model No is A1303 (FCC?)

also, i plan to use it on my vodafone network but, it's currenty still locked to o2, clearly that is a prob so i want to jailbreak it to allow it to work on other networks/sims, i've done a brief search on the net and found all kinds of promises and prices, i'm just confused now!

i'm guessing all data needs backing up before the jailbreak procedure?

i've noticed battery life isn't brilliant, could this be because it's not been charged regularly over the past month or, is short battery life something just lived with? ie, can't have all your cake and eat it!

any advice is welcome, even if it's "don't do it" !

thanks in advance,
Hugh