I was under the impression that my sign was short and to the point, clear enough to be understood by everyone and general enough to cover every case. Apparently I'm wrong.

Every couple of weeks I have to slam the door in someone's face, against arguments that they're not soliciting. Or that they're "not selling anything." I find it's mostly university-aged people who seem to have this reading comprehension problem.

It just happened again today. I was in the dining room in eye-shot of the door and someone knocked. My dogs star freaking out and jumping at the glass to the side of the door where whomever is there can clearly see. I can tell that they can read the sign so expect they'll just walk away. Nope. So I go to the door, open it, reach my hand outside while keeping the dogs in and point to the sign, while politely saying, "I'm sorry, no soliciting." They reply back "oh, ok. But then how about..." - to which I then have to say "no soliciting of any kind, I'm not answering your questions" and slam the door in their face.

Seriously. At least the Jehovah douche-bags on the weekend immediately understood my curt "keep walking" when I was outside working.

I'm not sure there's anything I can put on the sign that will get through to everyone. There's always going to be someone who thinks whatever is written for some reason doesn't apply to them. I'd really love to be able to take the sign down., so my next move may be to petition my local area representative of my desire to ban door-to-door solicitation and junk mail/flyer delivery in this municipality. Solicitors already require a permit, but I'd like to see an all-out ban with some tangible penalties.

At least I'm thankful we haven't seen any of the scummy/fraudulent (they're all fraudulent) energy resellers around in a long time. Junk/Solicitation mail/calls are probably my biggest pet peeve.

Attachments
noagents.jpg