Originally Posted By: Tim
Originally Posted By: hybrid8
What I'd like to see banned are commercial canvasing, flyer distribution (excluding those bundled with the newspaper), and church/religious recruitment.

Easter was fun this year. I'm pretty sure we were on the brink of a turf war between Jehovah's Witnesses and Mormons in my neighborhood. At one point, I was talk to some Jehovah's Witnesses and a family of Mormons walked by the front, looked at the front door and got a dirty look on their faces and then continued walking. It was entertaining to say the least.

Too bad it wasn't the other way around. I quite enjoy talking to the door-to-door Mormons. I generally start out with "I don't think you really want to talk to me." If they don't get the hint from that, I'll continue on to ask them about things like the Avenging Angels, and the Mountain Meadows massacre, and if they're still trying to come up with good answers after that, I'll ask them about Joseph Smith's practice of dowsing, whether or not such things really work, and what evidence they have that the church wasn't created as a way to avoid prosecution for witchcraft. I don't usually get that far.

Next time, though, I'll have to ask about their holy underwear before I chase them off with the hard questions.