Originally Posted By: Dignan
Welcome Litter Mat is, unfortunately, exactly what I want in every way, but apparently it's no longer on Amazon and the company that makes it no longer exists,

I have two of those, one currently in use, the other sitting in my garage, because I don't have space in the current set-up for it. They work okay-ish -- certainly better than nothing -- but are not a panacea. A single one doesn't cover enough of an area. Litter is tenacious, and will cling to the cats long enough for them to step past the mat. I have a small dust-mop near the litter box area, that every now and then when I go past, I sweep up the litter into a corner for vacuuming.

I've also tried this mat, which was reasonable for fine-grained litter, but not so good for things like litter pearls. The cats also seemed to try jumping over it, too. After giving up on that one, I found a small ribbed entrance mat at Home Depot, and cut a swatch out of that. This worked quite well, but it was made to sit on top of carpet, and has little rubber nibs on the bottom to grip the carpet to keep it from sliding around, which wasn't so good when we moved to a place with hardwood floors.